We are currently recruiting for Business Coordinator. Principally the job is to facilitate the smooth running of product & materials through the business to support the Master Production Schedule (MPS) plan. Coordinating the Cell Leaders/team members, the expectation is that the production boards are maintained to the required standard, where issues arise these are reported and rectified as quickly as possible to minimise impact. In conjunction with the plan this role will entail liaising with other cross-departmental Cell Leaders / BU Coordinators to prioritise shared resource areas.
• Actively drive parts through areas of responsibility, ensuring that the product is at the right place at the right time to achieve delivery requirements by using the following tools:
• Running weekly expedite / work-to-list reports from EFAC’s, liaising with the BU planner and stores to ensure work is launched accordingly, and the appropriate WIP is kitted.
• Maintaining production boards on a ‘live’ basis and presenting daily production meetings.
• Understand and execute MPS plan to facilitate monthly sales targets, where production has fallen behind this plan it is effectively communicated.
• Propose the priority requirements with the Business Unit Manager prior to the daily walk round, and attend the walk around meeting.
• Take part in stock take activities, aged WIP and perpetual inventory counts when required. Movement of parts around the factory.
• Liaising with other business units and coordinating cell leaders to expedite parts through the business.
• Attend daily Hotspot reviews understanding the status of non-conforming parts, where these parts affect the production plan follow on material/parts are to be launched and progressed to minimise impact to the plan.
• Complete a daily handover to the next shifts BU Manager / BU Coordinator providing an update on your area of responsibility, highlighting product status, priorities & areas of concern.
• Provide the Business unit manager with data to support customer updates.
• Improve and simplify methods of working, procedures, and systems through continuous improvement activities.
• To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisation’s competencies and the expectations for the role through:
• Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices.
• Complying with Company Health & Safety standards by developing a personal concern for the safety of themselves and others. Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.
• Experience of working to production targets - Essential
• 5 GCSE’s A-C inc. Maths and English - Desirable
• Basic understanding of lean principles (5S) - Desirable
• Experience in manufacturing – Desirable
• Forklift license – Desirable
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Exceptional organisational skills - Essential
• Ability to manage time effectively, working on multiple tasks at the same time to a tight deadline- Essential.
• Good communication skills, possessing an ability to coordinate others- Essential.
• Confident decision maker and a positive, energetic individual with a can-do attitude- Essential.
• Ability to work under pressure- Essential
• Good computer literacy skills, including MS office proficiency- Essential
• Able to work to production targets and deadlines - Essential.
• Excellent team work ethic-Flexible and Self-motivated individual- Essential
• £33,958.45 basic salary excluding shift premiums.
• Available to work 2 shifts (mornings, afternoons) once training completed.
• 12.5% shift allowance (2 shifts) Shift pay not included in above salary.
• Over time paid at time and a half.
We have market leading benefits as well as competitive salaries.
We offer - 185 hours holidays per annum with an option to buy/sell up to 37 hours holiday every year.
Paid Christmas close down days. 37 hour working week, short day Fridays & 4 day week for night shift workers and all Bank Holidays
Excellent Employee Assistance Programme available.
YuLife app -access to a GP 24/7 and earn for steps/cycling or meditation which can be turned into vouchers for Amazon/All major supermarkets/Halfords/Argos/ASOS/IKEA/B&Q.
Bravo benefits to include discounts on gym memberships & shopping.
Salary Sacrifice scheme for Electric /Hybrid Cars / Critical Illness Cover.
Free hot drink Fridays.
Westfield Health Scheme.